Thought Crime Trial Against Nagel/Martinez Family Adjourned

Courthouse, Austin, MN

Brownsdale, MN
This is a short dispatch written to convey the essential facts of what happened on April 1 and 2, in the court case against John Martinez and Lindsey Nagel, parents of Rico Martinez Nagel.
It’s early morning in Brownsdale MN, a very small town near the Iowa border, about two hours from Minneapolis.  I am soon to depart for the airport and struggling to compose a coherent narrative of a completely incoherent situation.
I’ll start at the end: No decision was reached by the judge in the two day trial in which Lindsey Nagel and John Martinez were (vaguely) accused of Medical Endangerment; The prosecution (“petitioner”) did many inexplicable things throughout the trial, not least of which was to play 4 videos from YouTube, which has not previously been vetted as evidence. That meant delay: The videos have to be transcribed, the transcripts put before judge and opposing legal teams, and the case reconvened. This is expected to happen at best in 15 days. For now, the parents retain custody and a recommendation was made by a guardian ad litem that they should revisit the situation in 45 days to see if compliance was still consistent. If it were, Skype surveillance may be reduced from twice a day to three times a week.So for now, the situation for John and Lindsey Nagel is the same: They retain physical custody of their 3 month old son Rico, and the state controls his medical decisions, i.e. has medical custody.  Still, each day, twice a day they must hold the baby in front of a Skype camera, with a social worker on the other end, which I witnessed; They first hold up each medicine bottle (Rico is on 3 “anti-HIV” medications,  Bactrim, and a drug to regulate his disrupted red and white blood cell counts,) then they draw the liquids into the tube attached to Rico’s stomach via gastric intubation (a plastic tube surgically implanted into his stomach,) while the social worker watches.
The two day trial was, to use a word I now wish I had never wasted on any previous situation, “Kafkaesque.” Kafka gave us the concept of an accused who can’t locate his crime. I was in the courthouse for ever moment of testimony, which ranged from crushingly tedious to heartbreaking, and not only could I not grasp what these parents were accused of, but both sides actually testified to this effect. To wit:
* 10-15 minutes after giving birth, having been awake for 45 hours, a battalion of about 12 people, lawyers, social workers, doctors, etc, appeared at the foot of Lindsey’s hospital bed, and made clear that if she did not consent to having Rico tested and treated for “HIV infection” she and John would lose custody to the state.
* After being given about 10 minutes to consider the matter, the parents gave full consent to any and all demands that were being made on them, in order not to lose custody of their son.
* Rico was tested and found (according to the hospital) to be HIV “infected” on “pro-viral DNA” PCR tests.  [The chief physician testified that quantitative PCR is the standard to use on infants and "represents" the actual presence of the virus in the infant.] [Which is an admission that HIV antibody tests do not represent the actual virus.] [But neither does PCR, by any means.] [!]
* From that point on [and again, every single witness on both sides supported this] John and Lindsey did not miss a single dose of Rico’s numerous medications, even when one of them was AZT, which almost killed Lindsey when she was a baby.  Rico was finally taken off AZT after he became so anemic he ultimately needed a total of four blood transfusions. There was not even a suspicion or allegation that these parents did not take the threat of losing Rico very seriously. They did. They complied to the letter of the “law.” Yet Rico was taken from them, because one social worker had “concerns” that they might not give them meds in the future. (More details will follow in future reports.)
* The county seized the baby from the family home, from Lindsey’s arms, supposedly because Lindsey and John had “missed” two medical appointments to discuss nutrition. Not so. They never “missed” any appointments. Instead, two appointments were properly canceled, one of them re-scheduled, the second one was optional.

John and Rico

*Apparently to punish the parents for daring to go seek a second medical opinion, in another state, and having in advance (and properly) canceled an appointment about nutrition for Rico, (who throughout the trial was referred to by his initials, “RMN”–witnesses were not allowed to use his name) Mower County Child Protective Services seized him in an ambush to the family home, took him off his mother’s breast, and planted a gastric tube in his stomach, through which he now has to be fed 24/7.

[See photo]

One quote from my notepad: Dr. W. Charles Huskins, the physician who oversaw Rico’s medical care:
“He is not supposed to be fed by mouth. He is supposed  to be fed by gastroscopy tube only.”
* The various witnesses on the petitioner’s side all testified that although they did not have a shred of evidence that Lindsey or John missed a dose, or in any way did not fully comply with “the law” on Rico’s “medical care,” (which almost killed him) they were nonetheless “concerned” that there could be defiance in the future. So the trial was quite literally a Thought Crime trial, in which the parents stood accused of not wanting to give the medications which all sides agreed they nevertheless gave. And continue to give. On Skype, twice a day.
“You have to understand the culture here,” Steve Nagel said yesterday, after the trial. “These people are bullies. they are medium fish in a small pond. they expect it to go their way. The judge is used to always being elected.  There’s nothing here, a car goes by every ten minutes that’s what’s happening here. ”
The trial will continue in mid April, we expect. Overall, the courtroom was packed with Rico supporters and the whole town was buzzing about it, not a soul in support of the state, locals sporting “Save Rico” T-shirts all over the place. Our waitress at lunch (in Austin, MN, pop, 24,718) on day one was a supporter, had spent the morning in court, was returning for the afternoon, had seen House of Numbers, knew who Peter Duesberg was and cited him, asked me, “are you Celia?” and insisted on paying our bill.
I will miss my flight if I don’t stop here.
I hope that gives you enough of a sense of the good news, until I return to report more.
The TV cameras in the restaurant where we all convened at the close of the trial, had numerous reports of the trial, and various phones were abuzz with national interest as well.
“We just went national today,” said Steve Nagel. “The trial is done now. Now is time for the tigers to come out and scare. Now is the time for everybody to join together. Now is the fight. “

Steve and Cheryl Nagel on local news

About Celia Farber

Celia Farber is a journalist, author, and editor based in New York City, who grew up in Sweden and New York City. Farber has written on a variety of subjects for SPIN, Rolling Stone, Esquire, Harper’s, Salon, New York Press, and many more. In 2008, Celia Farber won the Semmelweis International Society’s Clean Hands Award For Investigative Journalism.

Comments

1. Rosamel says:
  2. Sandi says:

I sure hope the defense will bring in some expert witnesses: Like Peter Duesberg or David Rasnick that can give a scientific view.

3. Emilyne says:

Sadly, social services seem to operate just the same in any country. I wish with all my heart that Rico will not have the fate of my then 3 year-old daughter who was seized from us a year ago for exactly the same reasons and all the same dubious accusations (i.e. seeking a second opinion elsewhere). Because she was deemed HIV-positive on the result of a Western Blot done after a blood transfusion, she had to spent 8 months in the cancer ward of a hospital before being transferred to a foster family.

Social services, physicians and all the members of the justice apparatus congratulate themselves quite openly for ‘having saved her life’. We cannot help noticing that her blood tests have never been as bad as since they took her care off us. And she, too, is on mandatory Bactrim and Lederfoline (this is the drug you take when AZT crushes your red blood cells). These people cannot care less about the well-being of the children they are supposed to care for. As grown-ups, we still, for now, have the right to not take their drugs. Children cannot opt out. And when parents say no, as we did, then the state takes the child away and this is it.

I hope like I’ve never hoped for anything before that the HIV fraud will explode to the faces of all those people. This nightmare has to end.

• Anonymous says:

I can hardly imagine what you are going through. It still astounds me to learn that such things can go on, as quite ordinary and acceptable “health-care” practices. Thank you for posting your story. Your presence can only help bolster what resistance there is to this madness. What sort of support have you had throughout your nightmare?

• Roger Swan says:

I was “Anonymous” . Forgot to fill in the blanks.

• Emilyne says:

Exactly, business as usual. Our story looks hardly real when told. I could write pages about the methods used by social services to break us, how we are made to look like Mr and Ms John Doe — average parents with average dreams and average goals and average intelligence. How my veggie diet was turned into a defiance towards conventional medicine. How medical reports were altered along the way.

The worst, in a way, is that we have to play their game — praise the doctors and praise the drugs. The amazing thing is that the official speech here is to present HIV as a manageable disease, calling for a stop in discriminations, drugs work wonderfully, blah blah blah… And in the end, what doctors and social workers write is the same 1990′s rubbish, giving people six months before they die and predicting all sort of scary diseases before it happens. This is a high level of insanity. Just like saying that children on drugs have the same life expectancy as HIV-negative children. Right. Surely this conclusion was not drawn after comparing actual life expectancies, just another statistical model. Drugs work.

We are almost there. If everything goes to plans, our daughter should be back with us within the next three months. She would have spent a quarter of her life away. We feel very close to the Nagels and were completely shocked, to say the least, to hear about what has happened to them. Or to hear that this could happen again. Resistance is needed, so is organisation and fight back.

• Lobishome Romasanta says:

Hi .. I read your testimony .. what an injustice! .. I hope that all this comes to light, and one day all these people be judged as he deserves .. encouragement and a hug!

• Anonymous says:

I took my two boys aged 13 and 15 years off the poisonous drugs 3 months ago.
      A week ago, the doctor wrote a letter to me that the viral load had gone up and
      They will change the medication. My boys have had these poisons for ten years
      They are so tiny. It’s my prayer the Rico will not have to go through what my boys
      Have gone through and hopefully this case will bring a change to this fraudulent
      Business.

• Roger Swan says:

Well done Anonymous. I hope you able to withstand the backlash you imply might well happen now you have stopped the “medications”. I know the dissident HIV/AIDS people would be there for you if you needed support and I know we would also like to learn anything more about your situation that you were able to tell. All power to you.

• Cheryl says:

Emilyne,
      I am so sorry to hear of your daughter’s plight. Is she still gone? I have just now discovered your message. We are still having a rough time of things.
      Cheryl

4. Rosamel says:

We have to achieve that Rico is free from the so toxic medication that he is being obliged to have. JUSTICE for Rico !!!!

5. Rosamel says:

Thanks a lot, Celia Farber for your information and for being so brave !!!! We, people from this world, have to join altogether till the TRUTH is out there….Yesterday, in one of the Spanish television, we could see the dark side of the pharma misbehaviour. The program is Salvados… I leave you here the link….http://www.lasexta.com/programas/salvados/avances/joan-ramon-laporte-industria-farmaceutica-inventa-enfermedades_2013040400310.html

6. Robert MacPherson says:

Life saving drugs? Yeah that’s why he needed four transfusions.
    Give me a break.

Rob MacPherson

7. I was so honored to be there. And so humbled by the fact that the Nagels and their friends and wider family supported us. What strong, beautiful people they are. I’m still not assured that truthful people always win, but I know with perfect confidence that the truth they created will live forever.

8. Georg von Wintzingerode says:

When I first heard that the “trial” is planned for 2 days, I wondered why. I wouldn´t even know how to fill 2 hours with this “case”. 2 minutes (sorry for being “prussian”) would seem just be fine to state:
    - leave the baby´s custody with his parents
    - have the officials offer any help and medical advice to the parents
    - leave the decision based on informed consent of whether or not to treat the baby with any medication

9. Edward Lieb says:

What can I say that hasn’t already been said? Let’s put Gallo, Fauci and the entire AIDS Mafia on trial and charge them with promoting the greatest fraud in history — resulting in the genocide of millions of people and the wasting of hundreds of billions of U.S. taxpayers dollars. April 23, 2013 will mark 29 years since these monsters unleashed their viral theory and created an evil empire. Enough is enough! Wake up world! Thank you, Celia, for being the voice of reason and sanity throughout this unreal ordeal.

10. Pat Ranum says:

Thank you Celia for your expertise in reporting the truth in it’s truest form. I’ve witnessed Rico’s mother Lindsey grow since she was about 6 years old into a 22 yr old mother of Rico today. Lindsey’s life was saved by her parents that took her off the AZT drugs, when she was 22 months old. She’s living proof that seems to be ignored by the CPS and doctors who insisted on pumping this drug into Rico. How many have to lose their lives before the world wakes up to this scheme? The Nagel’s are simply trying to do everything they can to save Rico and others from this deceit before us. How many have already died from these drugs and have HIV as cause of death? How long will we tolerate the deception we’ve been handed? Why did ‘House of Numbers’ get the Pharma so shook up? Why are we hearing so many commercials on TV to take drugs….. and who’s paying for them? Why are attorney’s having a field day with class action suits on drugs and implants today? Why are drugs in this country so expensive? Why? Why? Why? There are many questions I’d like the answers to, but until the vast majority of people wake up and start questioning how they’ve been programed to think, nothing will change. Lindsey and John are loving parents and deserve to have full medical custody of their son, Rico. May God bless them to receive it.

And Celia…… keep up your good works!

11. survivor030406 says:

Look at omsj dot org they can help.

12. Erwin Alber says:

This is absolutely criminal! There is not even any scientific evidence that HIV exists apart as a figment of some people’s imagination which has infected other people’s imagination. HIV tests are likewise a fraud; it even admits as much on the package insert.

A well organised campaign to help this couple should be launched similar to the one which eventually got Alan Yurko out of jail who was accused of having killed his baby which in fact died as a result of medical malpractice and the vaccination against hep B for newborns he was given.

There is an excellent chapter about the HIV/AIDS hoax in Liam Scheff’s eye-opening book ‘Official Stories’. This book is a must-read!

13. flahute says:

Thought crimes indeed…. as Ms Farber portrays the events, we’re welcomed to the post apocalyptic version of the Salem Witch trials. No tangible evidence of wrongdoing, just perception(s).

No real crimes, just the ‘thought’ that they might consider not chemically treating him for his ‘condition’. Here’s a thought for the prosecutors: how about treating Rico & his family with some dignity, compassion, respect & common medical sense rather than ‘Fear and Loathing’?

14. I read this with horror. I cannot believe that this child abuse is being done by people that are supposed to protect children. This whole thing makes me sick. I want the world to know about what is going on! Thank you Celia for your brave reporting, for your fight for humanity and for your loving soul. I burst into tears when I saw the picture of Rico and his Dad. This is a baby, an innocent baby who has done NOTHING to harm anyone. Yet he is the one to be punished. He is the one to cover up for Big Pharma’s lies about HIV and AIDS and all the drugs. To see him grow up, healthy and alive, just like his mother – that is too much for Big Pharma. Too big a threat. Lives mean nothing to these people. They are evil, that is all I can say.

My heart goes out to Rico and his family. I did not know that they had to force the medication into this baby in front of a webcam. I have never heard of anything like this before, and I think it is disgusting. It is terrorism. I will talk about this on my lectures about vaccinations and the dangers.

The world needs to know.
    The world must know.
    The world will know.

And there will be a change.

15. Roger Swan says:

A fine summation Celia. Excellent observation re. how the way they tested Rico is an admission that the antibody tests do not represent the actual virus. Thank you for that – hadn’t occurred to me. (Nothing new there though)! In the Star Tribune today out of Minneapolis Rico only one of two stories about the heavy hand of child “protective” services.

16. Carl Stryg says:

What is your impression of the defense?

The whole thing is Abuse. Plain and simple.

Carl,

My impression of the defense is not that great, to be honest. Not strong or forceful enough.

• Carl Stryg says:

Thanks Celia. I do have some hope that they are able, at some time in the future, to take the clinic to task for their obvious abuse and injuries to Rico. Time will tell if they are given medical custody, which of course they clearly deserve.

17. Thanks for the clarity and the tiny germs of hope in this gruesome case. At incredible cost, this could be the beginning of the end for this multi-decade fraud on the whole world by the NIH, FDA, and the entire medical profession, especially big pharma. My prayers and good wishes are directed toward baby Rico and his parents and all who love him.

Trackbacks

1. [...] Please read Celia Farber’s update of what 3-monht-old Rico and his family are undergoing: “Thought Crime Trial Against Nagel/Martinez Family Adjourned”. [...]