The CIA And The Media: By Carl Bernstein

img_2486-4

“The CIA even ran a formal training program in the 1950s to teach its agents to be journalists. Intelligence officers were “taught to make noises like reporters,” explained a high CIA official, and were then placed in major news organizations with help from management. “These were the guys who went through the ranks and were told ‘You’re going to he a journalist,’” the CIA official said. Relatively few of the 400‑some relationships described in Agency files followed that pattern, however; most involved persons who were already bona fide journalists when they began undertaking tasks for the Agency.”

Carl Bernstein, Rolling Stone, 1977

Read Carl Bernstein’s full 1977 report on the CIA and The Media, here.

Comments

1. chris mullen says:

You’re kind of funny anonymous, please continue to amuse us with your hijinks Happy Holidays!

2. Anonymous says:

How do you know c, farber is not a cia operative just collecting information on all of you? Is that really far fetched? Look how she posts always asking for input.

• James Schaeffer says:

I know Celia personally — or at least had dinner with her and her sister once — and correspond often on facebook, so my answer to your question is LMAO.

• Anonymous says:

That’s how they get you. who knows for sure. do you really know?

I guess that all I can say is, what’s the point of knowing? The computer I’m typing on is a CIA informant, just as the TV I watched when I was 5 was a CIA disinformation tool.
          Until the ministry of truth has me tied down in a chair and is questioning me about something I once told Celia in confidence, I’ll have to just continue about my business.

These are decisions we’re all going to have to make at the end of the day; who do we speak to? To what unsanctioned idea do we admit to harboring aloud on the internet? Who’s going to turn us in and why? It’s difficult for me to fathom how someone who spends her days pondering these questions is doing so for the mere idea of exposing people like myself and or Brother Strawberry to the man, but what do I know? Trust me on this at least, knowing wouldn’t erase the history of the CIA, or the KGB, or Mossad or the SS.

3. R. A. Davis says:

Anderson Cooper of CNN spent two summers as a CIA “intern” whatever that means. He’s a clever, well-trained shill for the establishment.