What They Said: Donald Trump

“For too long, a small group in our nation’s Capital has reaped the rewards of government while the people have borne the cost.

Washington flourished – but the people did not share in its wealth.

Politicians prospered – but the jobs left, and the factories closed.

The establishment protected itself, but not the citizens of our country.

Their victories have not been your victories; their triumphs have not been your triumphs; and while they celebrated in our nation’s Capital, there was little to celebrate for struggling families all across our land.

That all changes – starting right here, and right now, because this moment is your moment: it belongs to you.
It belongs to everyone gathered here today and everyone watching all across America.

This is your day. This is your celebration.

And this, the United States of America, is your country.”

I reviewed quite a few videos and settled on this one from CBS News. They describe all kinds of details that fans of pageantry may find interesting. President Trump’s speech begins around the one hour mark.

I love Melania Trump’s outfit and am dying to know who the designer is. I could look at it for hours. I also think her hair is perfection, and inspires me to hold out hope, perhaps not for my own hair, (per se) but for the hair of all American women going forward into 2017.  She set the bar high, which is good. Hillary Clinton’s hair is also sensational, as is her outfit. I love all the white. Bill Clinton looks like spite in a suit. He needs to curb his rage, and stop ogling (apparently Ivanka Trump.) I’m tired of Bill Clinton. Michelle looks great as always but I was puzzled by her somewhat sloppy hair. Michelle usually never has sloppy hair. What happened?

Baron Trump is such a lovely boy, and Melania has dressed him like royalty. Look at his coat. Have you ever seen a 10 year old look better in a coat? He’s just got that quality. But back to Melania, do NOT get on here and start telling me you don’t like her dress or her hair because I will block you. No first lady’s hair has ever looked that good. I was not sure about the gloves at first but I think I am changing my mind.

Congratulations America on your new President, and if we are decent, we will all pray that he does a great job.

Anything else is destructive, at this point.

Comments

1. Mark Harris says:

what Ashley Judd said:

“Raped as a child, bad,” Judd said. “Re-raped by a political system that ordains a clown, really bad.”

my comments:

1)Who knew, who suspected [italicize previous word] that Celia Faber’s secret ambition in life was to forego the arduous pursuit of truth in favor of puff pieces and snarky rhetorical jibes and pyrotechnics?

2)Anyone who isn’t troubled by Donald Trump’s private and public displays of DEPRAVITY is missing a few screws upstairs.

Mr. Harris, who knew, who suspected that your secret ambition in life was to forego the arduous pursuit of truth, in favor of slinging slobbering, vacuous, undignified, unevidenced, simple-minded, kindergarten-esque, ad hominem tantrum hysterics at a woman who has, as you have not and could not have, achieved award-winning international renown with her professional investigative scholarship and its publication via arduous processes of legitimate scientific scrutiny?

Your fraudulence and pretensions of professional and personal superiority over her are nothing but laughable.

• Mark Harris says:

Mr. Powell:

1)one of Celia’s great achievements as an investigative journalist was demonstrating that professional credentials are often rendered meaningless once incontrovertible evidence intervenes.

2) in my post, I provided several references to articles documenting Trump’s affronts to human decency.
        please request what exactly, or what else exactly, it is that you would like me to document and I will be happy to oblige.

3) I have repeatedly emailed Ms. Farber such evidence only to have it summarily disregarded.

Mr. Harris:

To your Point #1: I’m not sure what you are implying, and I don’t want to speculate. Please clarify, explicitly.

To your Point #2: My comment above was not referring in any way to your lack of documentation for Mr. Trump’s “affronts to human decency.” It was referring only to your lack of documentation for Ms. Farber’s “secret ambition in life”. {Note: I agree with the assessment of Mr. Trump’s moral character as depraved, especially in relation to women OTHER THAN those he strives to present as proofs that he is not depraved, i.e., his wives, his daughters, his daughters-in-law, and women who are either part of “the people” he depends on as his political fans, or are amongst the select female Trump employees he depends on for making flattering public pronouncements which reinforce his VERY strategically-managed public image.}

To your Point #3: Does not Ms. Farber have every right to repeatedly, summarily disregard any email sent from any of us, even from you? What might her disregard teach he who is being disregarded? Regard is earned, not owed. You are rich in persistence, Mr. Harris, but, might you not have yet required yourself to attend to finding and cherishing, within yourself, the wealth of wisdom?

• Mark Harris says:

1) the medical establishment is teeming with professionals who routinely ignore evidence that
            conflicts with the governing paradigms. Celia’s valiant investigative work, culminating with her seminal exposé, “Out of Control: AIDS and the Corruption of Medical Science,” along with the other AIDS questioners and dissidents, thoroughly debunked the still-reigning “HIV”/AIDS hypothesis.

for a equally laudable refutation, this time of the hazardous practice of water fluoridation, see http://fluoridealert.org/articles/50-reasons/

My wish is that we all drop all this and start over. I want the fighting to stop.

“At the center of this movement is a crucial conviction, that a nation exists to SERVE its CITIZENS. Americans want great schools for their children, safe neighborhoods for their families, and good jobs for themselves. These are JUST and REASONABLE demands of righteous people and a righteous public.

At the center of this movement is a crucial conviction, that a nation exists to serve its citizens. Americans want great schools for their children, safe neighborhoods for their families, and good jobs for themselves. These are just and reasonable demands of righteous people and a righteous public.

But for too many of our citizens, a different reality exists: mothers and children trapped in poverty in our inner cities; rusted out factories scattered like tombstones across the landscape of our nation; an education system FLUSH WITH CASH, but which leaves our young and beautiful students deprived of all knowledge; and the crime and the gangs and the drugs that have stolen too many lives and robbed our country of so much unrealized potential.

This American carnage stops right here and stops RIGHT NOW”

I put the caps in where I felt they belonged.

• Brother Strawberry says:

“40 Wall Street actually was the second-tallest building in downtown Manhattan… And now it’s the tallest.” –Donald Trump, bragging about his building following the 9/11 attack on the World Trade Center in an interview with WWOR/UPN 9 News in New York (Sept. 11, 2001)

Don’t think I need to emphasize anything in caps.

• Brother Strawberry says:

“You know I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab them by the p**sy. You can do anything.” –Donald Trump in a 2005 interview with Access Hollywood’s Billy Bush

• Brother Strawberry says:

“I love war”

3. Melania’s dress was designed by Ralph Lauren, and yes she looked totally stunning.

4. Mr. Anonymous says:

Yes she looked stunning in her “R.L former russia hooker collection dress”

5. Mr. Anonymous says:

It was nice to see nazi richard spencer get punhed in the face.

Mr. Anonymous, he did not get “punched”. A punch is a combative action utilized by one who is participating in an exchange of punches, during a violent competition in which both opponents have agreed to compete thusly.

That it not what was occuring when Mr. Spencer became the target of an assailant’s sneak assault.

Sneak assaults, against a target who has not agreed to compete in an exchange of combative hand-to-hand violence, are the modes of violence preferred by cowards.

Mr. Spencer did not get “punched”. He got mugged.

He got mugged by a coward.

Only one who identifies himself as a cowardly mugger, or views cowardly mugging as something he relates to, could celebrate Mr. Spencer being mugged.

• Mr. Anonymous says:

It was still nice to see. You need to calm down.

• Brother Strawberry says:

“I despise Mr. Spencer’s ideology and ambitions, and I would be writing with the same message if it were Mr. Spencer who had been the sneak assailant committing a violent physical mugging against someone who had not agreed to compete in a hand-to-hand exchange of legitimate, genuine punches.”

John, though i share your non-violent commitment to confronting other opposing and even offensive ideologies, -/after spending the day counter picketing anti-gay preachers i twist balloon flowers for their children/- considering the hatred, bigotry and violence espoused, expressed, embraced and encouraged by the white supremacist movement it would seem that spencer had it coming. Nothing preached by spencer could be considered agreement to compete in hand to hand combat.

Though indeed we may choose personally to confront such ignorance in a more thoughtfully expressed manner such as quoting the bible to believers, is this not perfect realization of the old adage that may in fact be the one good thing salvaged from my church basement, grade-school classroom?
        “As ye sow…”

6. Trish Fahey says:

I noticed that Donald Trump spoke rather slowly – and seemed to enunciate carefully – during his Inaugural speech. I took this to mean that he was trying to encourage people all around the world – or maybe instruct despots all around the world – with a very simple definition of PEOPLE POWER.
    What a radical idea !!!

Early Friday morning I heard Campaign Manager Kellyanne Conway describe The Donald as a person with a very complex mind but very simple ideas. I interpreted this to mean that he is a uniquely talented industrialist with a strong focus on the common man ( as his sons call him: a Blue Collar Billionaire ). The Washington and Media Elites now have to scurry to figure out how to cope with an ingenious POPULIST.

BTW – i thought i heard a reporter say that Melania Trump AND Hillary’s outfits for the Inauguration were both designed by Ralph Lauren. Great job Ralph !!!

He uses simple language to convey his ideas. He’s not verbose for the sake of sounding smart. He gets to the point and says what he means, and it’s refreshing.

• Trish Fahey says:

I agree. A lot of network commentators characterize yesterday’s speech as extremely insulting to all of the past presidents and congressional leaders sitting there. But … I see it as a critique of the Washington SYSTEM … a SYSTEMIC issue … not personal … not meant to lambaste this person or that person … MAYBE … an attempt to de-program the US citizenry … after all … who among us would expect ANY independent or reform candidate to pull something off like this … whether it be a Bernie Sanders type or … from a previous decade … a Ralph Nader type or a Ross Perot type ? Trump ran as a Republican and Sanders as a Democrat … but to me … they each TRANSCEND these narrow confines and seem to me to be POPULIST GUYS.

7. Elizabeth Ely says:

All I heard from CBS was how deficient and combative the speech was. But this, quoted here, was the heart of it. How utterly fascist, huh? Words of a mad narcissist, hm? And from where CBS’ reporters sit, there’s no reason for us to be all upset over these developments; after all, the food at the White House correspondents’ dinner is always fabulous. The truest words they spoke were the ones describing the friendly atmosphere as soon to be replaced with battles. With his own party, and isn’t that rich? Paul Ryan standing there like the next meal to be savored. Trump wanted to skip the lunch with Congressional leaders to start work then and there. Look for it to start MONDAY. Bring it, bitchez!

“…royalty”, as the standard for our eyes when assessing whether “a ten year old” whom we’re seeing looks “better in a coat” than any other we’ve “ever” held in our affectionate attention?

What about my son when he was ten? What about your own son when he was ten?

What about us hundreds of millions of working class parents who never could afford to (and never desired to) dress our children “like royalty”, yet proudly and tearfully admired our little boy standing shy, and humbly beaming with joy, in the spotlight of his daddy’s and mommy’s devotion, in his brand new denim jacket, on his way to his first day of another year at a working class public school?

What about the billions of impoverished laboring parents throughout the ages, who could afford only second-hand coats for their ten year old sons, or who were left to stiching repairs on coats handed down from siblings, because wages didn’t allow purchasing any additional clothing for their children or themselves?

“Have you ever seen a 10 year old look better in a coat?”

Yes, I have.

Yes, every day, everywhere, in any working class urban neighborhood, “ghetto”, or remote rural village, in any country on this bitter earth.

The Mormon Tabernacle Choir brought tears to my eyes. Like the speech. You’re right, the first lady looks great from stem to stern.

Celia: Thanks. I am hopeful. If he keeps his eye on the ball. He sure as hell is no shrinking violet, unlike Obama. I think this will be a change for the better. I’m dying to know who Dr. Price names as CDC director, since Freiden is history, and thank God. The Senate Dems are playing games with the cabinet nominations, but they only have themselves to blame for the rule change allowing a simple majority for confirmation. They’re really wetting their pants in the halls of the CDC now, with their worst nightmare in the White House.

11. Sharon says:

Thank You for posting the re-run Celia.