How would MLK Jr. Have Felt About Anti-Trump, BLM, and Disrupt J20?

“After all, some smug, pretentious, solipsistic, raging pseudo-intellectual might castigate and excommunicate you for having jumped aboard the anti-Trump bandwagon (how gauche! how plebian!).
And then where would that leave you?”

–Mark Harris

“I’M sick and TIRED of violence…I’m TIRED of hate, I’m TIRED of selfishness, I’m TIRED of EVIL. I’m not gonna use violence no matter WHO SAYS SO.”

Martin Luther King Jr.

YES. WE GOT IT. WE GOT IT. TRUMP SAID TERRIBLE TERRIBLE THINGS.

But slow down. We have a civil war in the United States, more or less,  about whose violence is worse, and whose hate is more hateful. It’s a COMPLEX situation.

Watch this video, below, in its entirety. If you do not oppose the violence you see, then this website is not for you. I can’t say whether I am ‘solipsistic’ (don’t even know what that means,) ‘smug, pretentious’, or a ‘raging pseudo-intellectual,’ but this I know: I oppose tyranny. I oppose bullying. Above all, I oppose fake reality–mass media distortion, brain washing, mind control, and propaganda. Those are my issues.

I am not “ex-communicating” anybody, but rather seeking a community with a shared ethos of opposition to violence, as trendy as it is right now to endorse violence, since Trump is the worst person we’ve ever had to deal with on our planet. He hasn’t killed anybody but you know, words are the new mass murder.

It is widely, and wrongly assumed, that those who have not worked up a frothing hatred of Donald Trump, are racist, evil, stupid, blind, deaf, and political descendants of the Third Reich–or worse. Nobody ever stops to think they may be concerned with another body of hate and distortion. We can’t all be looking at the same thing all the time. One worries you more, one worries me more.

The platform that opposes Trump is soaked with hate. They have a long and unapologetic record of criminal abuse and vandalism: The elderly, children, teenage girls, even a disabled boy, beaten, in some cases almost to death, (on video) for their support of Trump. I saw one today which shows a Trump hater setting a trump supporter’s hair on fire with a bic lighter. This is all part of the new “normal,” and even the new “right on.”

The first such video I saw was a homeless woman viciously attacked by Trump haters, as she tried to protect his star on Hollywood Boulevard. I’ll post it, if you don’t believe me. In fact, I did post it. And as I posted these things, I assumed people who know my essential way of approaching things would understand that my dissent and opposition was to this new mass hate that so quickly became culturally romanticized and endorsed. This disgust on my part was conflated with a support of Trump.

I have consistently despised tyranny, violence, abuse and degradation.

So what about when Trump commits it?

Please listen: I am going to address Pussy Gate. I am going to address his supposed attack on a disabled reporter. I am going to address his quote about Mexicans. Some things were very strange, some inexplicable, some unforgivable, and some not bad at all, but wildly distorted. But Trump has been President since Friday, and today is Monday, so there is no way he is the reason our lives are impossible. If you refuse to give him a chance, then you are declaring war on the hopes, dreams, and aspirations of hundreds of millions of Americans–all of them immigrants. You’re not attacking Donald Trump–you are attacking hard working people who presently have the first ray of hope for their lives they have had in many years. Hope that was snuffed out by 9/11, and the Globalist PC Warring Reich that used it to justify its destruction of civil, economic, medical, discourse, press and countless other liberties in this country.  50 Million Americans on food stamps. 55,403 deaths from opiates in 2015–roughly the same number of dead from then entire Vietnam war. 20-22 veterans commit suicide every day. Rates of autism and infant deaths from vaccines higher than any industrialized country.

Trump has been President for 3 days. If things are WORSE in 6 months, I will swiftly admit it. But right now I find it malevolent to deprive all Americans of their dignity just because they are choosing hope, for a better America, for their children and grandchildren.

Racism is a luxury only those who can already keep roof overhead can afford. Most Americans are wondering quote simply if they can hope to get a job, pay a mortgage, put food on the table, and keep their kids safe.

I suggest you talk to Trump supporters. They’re everywhere. Ask them why they voted for him, and tell us what they said.

Comments

1. Mark Harris says:

I see that Ms. Farber is still adhering to the pretense that the American electorate had no other criteria with which to evaluate candidate Trump than his tweets, speeches, and various other remarks and pronouncements. I am an actor myself, and so too love playing the let’s pretend game. CF, can I play Willy Wonka? If you let me play Willy Wonka, I will let you play the spoiled little rich girl that insists on always getting her own way. Or Lady Macbeth.

We can all count ourselves exceedingly fortunate now that Ms. Farber has pledged to tear herself away from such pressing considerations as the first family’s wardrobe selections and Alex Jones latest rants in order to serve as Herr Trump’s anger translator, so that the erudition and profound wisdom encoded within his seemingly truculent and belittling, or utterly garbled, utterances can finally be revealed for all to see. While I readily defer to Ms. Farber’s expertise in this regard, I can’t resist tendering a few feeble suggestions of my own. If nothing else, perhaps they will afford Ms. Farber some small measure of amusement at my expense.

Herr Trump: “I love wor.”

“wor” is obviously an improvised acronym for “warm onion rings.”
    ******************************************************************************************
    In a 1992 interview with New York Magazine, Herr Trump opined: “You have to treat ’em like shit.”

Trump wasn’t referring to ALL women here, as is commonly alleged, just the ones that DESERVE to
    be treated that way. Geesh.
    ***************************************************************************
    MATTHEWS: Do you believe in punishment for abortion, yes or no as a principle?

TRUMP: The answer is that there has to be some form of punishment.

MATTHEWS: For the woman.

TRUMP: Yeah, there has to be some form.

The meaning here is also easy to decipher: Herr Trump has invented a time machine for the express purpose of sending women who have had abortions back in time to be prosecuted for their crimes.
    There are truly no bounds to Herr Trump’s resourcefulness.
    Herr Trump: “Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart—you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you’re a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.”

Here’s my complete translation of the poetic masterpiece quoted above:

Bright star! would I were steadfast as thou art—
    Not in lone splendour hung aloft the night,
    And watching, with eternal lids apart,
    Like Nature’s patient sleepless Eremite,
    The moving waters at their priestlike task
    Of pure ablution round earth’s human shores,
    Or gazing on the new soft fallen mask
    Of snow upon the mountains and the moors—
    No—yet still steadfast, still unchangeable,
    Pillow’d upon my fair love’s ripening breast,
    To feel for ever its soft fall and swell,
    Awake for ever in a sweet unrest,
    Still, still to hear her tender-taken breath,
    And so live ever—or else swoon to death.

Impressive creative writing acrobatics, Herr Harris, and I do wish you a soon recovery from such a demanding high-wire act which fell flat.

But seriously, compassion.

Fortunately, both you and I, and Ms. Farber, are still evolving.

There is still hope that each of us will see the errors in our fantasies, our biases, our jealousies, our rushes to judgment, our animosities, our antagonisms, and our deficiencies of hope for each other’s fragile seedling eyes.

2. Mark Harris says:

file these under “inspired by Donald Trump”:

excerpt from http://www.alternet.org/election-2016/10-hate-crimes-inspired-donald-trumps-hateful-rhetoric

Membership in white supremacist and anti-government groups has steadily climbed. A study by the SPLC found that Trump’s rhetoric is creating an “alarming level of fear and anxiety among children of color” while emboldening some white students, and is directly tied to “an increase in bullying, harassment and intimidation of students whose races, religions or nationalities have been… verbal targets.” Just days ago, a Trump fan posted a video urging compatriots to shoot black women and children. Trump supporters have sent death threats to Jewish reporters on social media. Hate crimes against Muslims are rising precipitously, and now stand at levels higher than just after 9/11.

file these under “Donald Trump versus the environment”:

excerpt from http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/01/24/trump-to-sign-orders-reviving-pipeline-projects-sources-say.html

President Trump signed executive orders on Tuesday effectively reviving the controversial Keystone XL and Dakota Access pipelines, which had been stalled by the Obama administration under pressure from environmental and other groups.

excerpt from http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/01/23/trump-s-epa-pick-blends-conservative-christianity-with-anti-environmental-activism.html

It is also undeniable that Pruitt has unusually close ties to the fossil fuel industry. Indeed, in 2014, when Pruitt was suing the EPA, he sent a thousand-word comment letter to the government that was actually drafted for him by energy industry lawyers, according to an explosive New York Times investigation. That in itself is shocking: a public official not merely parroting a private party’s talking points, but using his public office to lip-sync their exact words.

At the time, Pruitt was heading up the “Rule of Law Campaign,” which was funded by Freedom Partners, part of the Koch Brothers’ constellation of political organizations. (The full extent of the funding is unknown because of rules shielding donors from scrutiny.) And the Republican Attorney Generals Association, which Pruitt headed for two years, has received at least $20 million from the energy industry. Pruitt himself has received over $215,000.

The ties have been of mutual benefit. Pruitt sued the EPA to stop it from reducing air pollution in Oklahoma (by requiring coal plants to install pollution controls). He sued on behalf of the Keystone XL and Pebble Mine in Alaska. He successfully blocked regulations on fracking. He opposed the listing of several endangered species, which would have limited offshore oil drilling. And so on.

I agree about Trump and the environment. What is your view of the violence in the video I posted yesterday?

• Mark Harris says:

of course I do not condone violence directed at Trump supporters. but you can’t be condemning such
        practices on the one hand and then downplaying Trump’s incitements to violence and bigotry on the other.

The ruling class invariably considers the bourgeoisie to be expendable collatetal damage, at the hands of the empire’s hoardes of its economic victims; collateral damage, paying the price in blood, for the ruling class’s safe seclusion at poolsides, under tinkling chandeliers, behind guarded gates, with bellies full of caviar, and full of finest meats sanctified by $500.00 bottles of rare vintage laughter at the bourgeois prayers to the opiating imperial god, who is nothing but the ruling class’s pacifying tool for hypnotizing dupes with false hopes for streets of gold in the hereafter of forced childhood fantasy.

The ruling class ever-progressively and ever-conservatively conspires to locate itself in ivory towers, ever excluding, disempowering, displacing, impoverishing ever more multitudes of the commoners, the little people, the conquered, the dispossessed, the discarded, the unattractive, the less-endowed, the un-blessed, the un-gifted, the damaged, the wounded, the crippled, the maimed, the confused, the too slow, the malnourished, the forgotten, the forsaken, the wretched, the weeping, the unconsoled, the traumatized and disoriented “losers” in a brutal game in which only the “fittest” are welcomed at the door leading out of the empire’s “neccessary”, “natural”, and “inevitable” burning wastelands, into the empire’s heavily-armed ivory fortresses.

These videos display the consciously-intended, anticipated, expected, accepted and rationalized results of the ruling class’s deal with the devil.

It transcends party and partisan platform.

That which “made America great” was never great at all, to those on the reservation.

The role of one ruling class party is to seek its fame in extolling a promisory mirage of beautifying, refreshing and revitalizing the reservation. The role of the other party is to seek its fame in extolling a promissory strengthening of the reservation’s boundaries, restraints, and disciplines.

All in the name of pacifying the bourgeoisie, assuring them that the ruling class will protect them by preventing the “necessary”, “natural” and “inevitable” backlash from the hoardes of the empire’s victims of an economy which is DESIGNED TO exclude, disempower, displace and impoverish those hoardes, and is designed to do so at the expense of the blood of the bourgeoisie who, by design, are placed right outside of the ivory towers, to bear the wrath which the ruling class knows is deserved only by itself.

Sad to say, the torturous karma accumulated in the unbalanced minds and bodies of the ruling class’s deliberately-intended victims often has nowhere else to go, except to collide with the nearest living or non-living symbol of the steel surfaces of the vice which strangles it.

4. David Crowe says:

And this is just bullshit, “The platform that opposes Trump is soaked with hate. “. There are a handful of examples. But out of 2 million women who demonstrated, how many demonstrated hate? A handful? What right do you have to tar all 2 million women with the actions of a tiny, tiny, fraction of a minority?

• SickOfItAll says:

There were more than a handful of people there demonstrating hate. This video shows nothing compared to how bad it was there. I’m not saying that ALL 2 million were guilty. I’m saying that there was a definite and alarming vibe as well as practice of hate there as well as physical assault. Males and females were humping anyone who was in opposition legs and bodies! It was so sad and disgusting.

Even more alarming was the brainwashed and zombie-like mentality of the protesters. Most would not talk about what they were there to protest about in any intellectual way. If one did, a handler would soon pop up and direct them not to talk to anyone.

David, I was not referring to the Women’s March, but to the black-clad Disrupt J20 and that lot. Did you watch the videos? Please retract your distorted accusation here right away or I will become very angry. How dare YOU falsely accuse me of “tarring” 2 million women? When did you totally stop even reading??

5. David Crowe says:

Celia, please be more accurate. As far as I know the homeless woman was not touched. Yes, the antagonism towards her was unjustified and wrong. But she was not attacked. Please be accurate with your words like you used to be.

6. Sharon says:

Word Press should have the Notify box before the post comment, I often hit post and see the Notify too late.

Celia: As usual, you’re right on target. How could one argue that Hillary Clinton is the moral superior of our new president? It would be easy to make the case that the contrary is true. Yes, ask a Trump voter. We voted for him for a multitude of reasons. For me, because he was the only candidate in the race interested in stopping the vaccine holocaust, and stopping the globalist destruction of the liberties and the very livelihoods we cherish. Hillary would have greased the skids for both. Only three days, and he has killed TPP and will be taking on NAFTA. I was in the streets in 1968, but we marched to stop violence and war. Who has incited this? The mainstream media, the shapers and manipulators of perception, with their caricature of Trump, their obsession with Trump, and their distortion of what he said (some of his words certainly were offensive). And their utter silence concerning Hillary’s incompetence, imperiousness, and callousness, and the crimes of both Clinton’s. Who will be judged to have done greater damage to the black community? I listened to his inaugural speech. I’m not a betting man, but I’d willingly place my bet on Bill Clinton, one of the worst in our modern history, only surpassed by Dubya. I think Trump cares about those people in the inner cities, and he may come up with policies which help, unlike the “War on Poverty.” We’ve had eight years of pleasant-sounding rhetoric; more than anything we now need action on so many of the things Trump pledged to take action on. The progressive model is a failure. What worms and cowards are those young people in the video.

8. Sharon says:

I couldn’t watch more than the first few minutes. I hope this will settle.

9. Mr. Anonymous says:

Wait ? You oppose bullying? But you like trump? Okay. So you are a hypocritical as well. As for the video, come on , i can post a video of a guy scalping a guy while sreaming support FOR trump.

• Sharon says:

Who likes Trump? In mind the only reason he was won is because he was running against Hillary.
      Anyone could have beaten Hillary.