What They Said: John Powell

Editor’s Note: I re-post here an outtake from a comment by John Powell, who has been with us for many years at The Truth Barrier,  and certainly knows my “armor” and rough sides, which we always manage to overcome. The angry comments (names un-named)  have affected my energy and will, to continue the website, and on one occasion earlier this winter, I pulled it, thinking that was the only option I had, against daily attacks. This is a “labor of love,” and not a for profit website. I don’t think arguments are “attacks,” or factual corrections. Attacks makes themselves felt as attacks; They sting and hurt, as they are intended to.

In my life going forward, all I know is, I no longer want to “sign up” for being abused and I never want to be in such a defensive position that I strike out at another person disrespectfully either. Therefore I have said to all haters of myself and my writings: I accept your feelings, but not round after round after round. If I “block” such persons, I stand accused of a terrible censoriousness, as if I am trying to create or project perfect appreciation for all I state. Not so. Anybody who is made miserable here, should consider not reading this site anymore. Surely that’s reasonable.

I am a PERSON. I have tried to repair the damage done by whatever it was I contributed to this angry knot, but at a certain point I can’t continue to explain and apologize, and yes, it is strictly against the rule to publish private correspondences without both parties’ permission.

Here’s part of what John Powell wrote. I appreciate it and I publish it in hopes we can re-boot, start over, and stop all the fighting, before the website is brought down by ill-will.

CF

***
I encourage you to embark on the quest for understanding THE FACT that peaceful, calm, well-reasoned philosophical dialectic between two or more people who have differing beliefs and perspectives IS NOT the same as throwing grossly-insensitive, taunting, condescending, malicious hand grenades of personalized ridicule and mockery.

6.) Your persistent and unsuccessful prodding of Ms. Farber, with sometimes snide and snotty pomposity, to get her to publish here the contents of private correspondence, brings to mind something she stated during one of her recent more-than-gracious attempts at accommodating what characterize as a case for receiving justice.

During that recent attempt at accommodation, she stated as her sworn and sacred duty to her conscience, that she would never violate her personal standard of maintaining the confidentiality of her private correspondence.

You continue prodding her, with sometimes snide and snotty pomposity, to compel and/or coerce her into submitting to something to which she has clearly answered “No”.

I encourage you to embark on the quest for understanding THE FACT that “No” means “No”.

–John Powell

Comments

The sending of this tune to you, Celia, was contemplated hours before returning here to TB for posting it, now. I spent a couple of hours searching for a version which features some amateurish ambience which sets the message in a more down-to-earth environment, rather than in the environment of Joel’s stardom.

I will go ahead and post the tune for you, in hopes that you can imagine receiving it before the backpack was deposited, and far removed from all the panic which such perturbations evoke.

Dedicated to the ever-evolving kinship which some of we battered mortals labor to share with each other’s “armor” and “rough sides”.

“May the long time sun shine upon you,
    all love surround you,
    and the pure light within you
    guide your way on.”

• Brother Strawberry says:

“While I was thusly searching, Mr. Strawberry visited and deposited an inquiry, left inside an unaccompanied backpack.”

So now I am a terrorist for presenting facts that contradict claims made and support a legitimate question?

Composing a tune to respond but am a bit busy right now. Will get back to it soon.

• Brother Strawberry says:

Consider it a Truthbomb since there is so little Truth to be found here anymore especially regarding the unfounded and slanderous claims of “rapist”, “killer”, “hater” and even “communist sympathizer” that have been made against me.

Still composing that tune but so many more important things are happening right now.

You are not composing any tune, sir. It was a falsehood to say, in one of your previous comments, that I am merciless. It is also a falsehood to say that you are composing a tune. Both of those falsehoods were based on your deliberate misapplied uses of words I’d written in a comment to which you were responding, and both were attempts to deploy those words in a way which would convey a falsehood. Why not simply write what you think, without resorting to conjuring falsehoods?

I posted a tune, and I stated that I was posting a tune.
        You are not composing a tune.

Can you empower yourself to stop misapplying my words for your competitive conjuring of falsehood?

Of course you can.

You would grow in wisdom, by doing so.

• Brother Strawberry says:

Who are you to critique or deny my tune writing ability?

When I referred to you as “merciless” I was quoting comment from anonymous who referred to your merciless intelligence.

Who are you to pass your self-righteous judgement and condemnation of my words or tunes?

So much name-calling, derision and unsubstantiated allegation.
          So little Truth.
          Sad.

2. Brother Strawberry says:

The Last Lines Of A Letter
    September 4, 2016 By Celia Farber Leave a Comment

Perhaps there are some wounds we don’t want to heal.
    The memory of what we thought was real.
    That we never found again.

–Kevin Skolnik,
    [From a letter to Celia Farber, August, 2016]

Did you ask his permission?

3. Celia,

I agree with Cindy. You are fully within your rights to block trolls who are draining your energy. As an energy healer, I can help you repair the damage so PLEASE contact me! There is no charge for this service, since you are a being of Light and Truth.

Love, peace and blessings!

Marcy

4. Cindy says:

Dear Celia,
    If you were speaking truth about kittens and rainbows, you would not get much push back. But you expose your own truth about the world you see and witness, post using your perspective on the world around you, what you see as reporting events or histories as you are seeing them. That is the same as flying over the earth, and you wonder over the battlefield. You are hitting a nerve and flake starts coming your way.
    People that can’t or won’t allow civil dialogue are not there for anything other than to smack you with as much flake as possible. That won’t change, what will change is you wishing them well, and never engage with them again, ever. Block them, and think no more of it. Most of all, realize that ‘they’ are few, and all of us that read and appreciate your work are the ‘many’. Never worry, move on, keep flying where you want to, you are part of a much larger more powerful energy, the new energy. The old energy will push back, of course. As it fades away, your light will rise even more. God bless!